Use Contacting Congress or the House/Senate switchboard (202-225-3121)/(202-224-3121) to connect with your members of Congress.
The Call – #ProtectDreamers
An overwhelming majority of Americans want the Dreamers to stay in the US, but Trump’s extreme anti-immigrant base opposes DACA relief and demands a useless border wall and extreme and racist changes to US immigration laws.
Trump has flip-flopped between pandering to his base and respecting public opinion in protecting the Dreamers, but is now taking a hard line position at odds with most Republicans in Congress.
In exchange for protecting Dreamers, Trump has demanded everything on Stephen Miller’s immigration wish list including $20 billion for a wall and extreme and racially-motivated changes to US immigration laws meant to appease his base.
Dreamers should not be held hostage to Trump’s racist and extreme anti-immigrant agenda. Congress must cut a narrow deal to pass the Dream Act to protect Dreamers, along with reasonable border security measures.
Any Republican in Congress who fails to support a solution to protect the Dreamers with reasonable border security is to blame for catering to the white nationalist elements in the base.
Tell Congress to oppose Trump’s “white supremacist ransom note” immigration plan and to support a narrow deal to pass the Dream Act, along with reasonable border security funding.
- This is [NAME] and I’m a constituent in [CITY, STATE].
- The vast majority of the American people want the Dreamers protected and it cruel and stupid for America to deport them.
- I do not support President Trump’s immigration plan.
- Congress should cut a narrow deal to pass the Dream Act, along with reasonable border security measures.
- [If your MoC is a Republican] If no deal is made to protect the Dreamers, Republicans are to blame for catering to the white nationalist elements in their base.