Use Contacting Congress or the House switchboard (202-225-3121) to connect with your House member.
The Call – #ReleasetheDemMemo #NunesHoax
Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee are determined to release the Nunes memo, which is an obvious partisan move to cripple the Mueller investigation. Republicans’ stance comes amid fears that Trump is preparing to launch an offensive on the intelligence community, and especially Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.
FBI Director Christopher Wray (a Trump appointee) condemned the Nunes memo saying the FBI has “grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy.”
While Trump, Speaker Ryan and Nunes barrel ahead to release the memo to justify a purge in the DOJ and FBI in order to destroy the Mueller investigation, Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee have blocked the release of a memo written by Democrats on the Committee addressing the errors in the Nunes memo.
While Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee have blocked the public release of the Dem memo, it is now available to members of the House.
Your House member has access to Schiff’s counter-memo.
Tell your Rep to read the counter-memo and support its public dissemination if the partisan and misleading Nunes memo is released.
- This is [NAME] from [CITY, STATE].
- The head of the FBI says the Nunes memo is misleading and inaccurate.
- Has [Rep____] read the Schiff memo which has been made available to House members and demonstrates how the Nunes memo is misleading?
- [If yes] I appreciate that. If the Nunes memo is released, please call for the immediate release of the Schiff memo so Americans have an opportunity to judge for themselves.
- [If no or not sure] The Nunes memo is an attack on the Mueller investigation, the DOJ and the FBI. There is no excuse for [Rep____] not to read it immediately and call for its immediate release if the Nunes memo is released so that Americans have an opportunity to judge for themselves.
- If one of the memos is released without the other, I believe it will be a gross, partisan abuse of power by the majority.