The Call – #ProtectMueller #TrumpRussia
President Trump continues to smear the Department of Justice and the FBI, and calls Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation a witch hunt.
The right wing press and many Republicans have mounted a furious campaign to impugn Special Counsel Mueller, Deputy AG Rosenstein and former FBI head Comey, and to try to discredit the investigation.
It seems inevitable that Trump will move against Mueller and his investigation in some way. We must make sure Congress feels intense pressure to protect the investigation and that each member understands he or she will be held accountable for their action or inaction in protecting President Trump from the investigation.
Call your three members of Congress and ask them where they stand on protecting the Russia investigation and ensuring Special Counsel Mueller can continue his work without obstruction by the president or anyone else.
- This is [NAME] and I’m a constituent in [ZIP].
- Where does [Sen/Rep____] stand on protecting the Russia investigation and ensuring Special Counsel Mueller can continue his work without obstruction by the president or anyone else?
- [If your Sen/Rep expresses strong support] thank them for protecting our democracy.
- [If you Sen/Rep does not express strong support or fails to answer your question] tell them you will hold them accountable for their inaction or actions protecting Trump if he:
- Tries to fire Mueller
- Tries to eliminate DOJ or FBI officials overseeing the investigation
- Pardons key witness to Russian collusion, or
- Continues to smear FBI and law enforcement for investigating Russian meddling.