The Call – #ProtectMueller #TrumpRussia #FlynnFlipped
Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation kicked into high gear with a guilty plea by former NSA adviser, General Michael Flynn, and his apparent cooperation with Mueller’s investigation. Flynn’s cooperation puts Trump and his inner circle squarely in Mueller’s sights.
Trump’s reaction has been a frenzy of tweets attacking the investigation, the media and the FBI. Right-wing media allies have piled on to try to discredit Mueller’s investigation. One media ally who discusses his views with Trump called Mueller’s investigation “an existential threat” to Trump’s presidency.
News also broke last week that Trump repeatedly tried to pressure Republicans to end Congressional investigations into Trump campaign ties to Russia.
Bipartisan bills have been introduced in the House and Senate to protect the Mueller investigation. However, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has said there is not pressure to move the bills forward.
It seems inevitable that Trump will move against Mueller and his investigation and we need to make sure Congress feels the pressure to protect the investigation.
We also need to be ready to take action quickly if Mueller is fired or his investigation is imperiled. Many Resistance groups have coordinated plans for a rapid response when this occurs. Please find the action planned nearest to you and sign up to receive alerts.
Call your three members of Congress and urge them to support the bipartisan legislation protecting the Mueller investigation.
Also, locate the “rapid response” protest planned near you and sign up to receive alerts.
- This is [NAME] and I’m a constituent in [ZIP].
- I urge [Sen./Rep____] to act immediately on bipartisan legislation to protect Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation.
- The President’s reaction to General Flynn’s plea with unhinged and dishonest tweets is extremely concerning.
- If the President is allowed to interfere with or terminate Mueller’s investigation, there will be both a Constitutional crisis and a crisis of confidence among the American people.
- Our democracy is at stake in preserving Mueller’s investigation.