The Call – #ProtectMueller #TrumpRussia
Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation has moved into a new phase with indictments against key campaign officials and a guilty plea by a campaign foreign policy adviser.
In addition to Mueller’s indictments, documents leaked last week show financial links between Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross and Putin’s family. Jared Kushner is also under fire after it was reported that two Putin-linked institutions funded investments in Facebook and Twitter through a close associate of Kushner.
Last week, it was reported that Mueller has enough evidence to charge former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and his son. This week mounting allegations against Flynn potentially constitute a number of very serious federal crimes — including conspiracy, bribery and possibly kidnapping.
Trump is reportedly fuming and being urged by former aide, Steve Bannon to take dramatic action against Mueller’s investigation. On Saturday Trump called allegations of Russian meddling in US elections a politically motivated “hit job’.
Bipartisan bills have been introduced in the House and Senate to protect the Mueller investigation. However, we urgently need pressure on Congress to pass these bills and ensure Mueller’s investigation is allowed to be completed.
Call your three members of Congress and urge them to support the bipartisan legislation protecting the Mueller investigation.
- This is [NAME] and I’m a constituent in [ZIP].
- I urge [Sen./Rep____] to act immediately on bipartisan legislation to protect Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation.
- The President’s reaction to Mueller’s progress & weekly revelations about his inner circles’ ties to Russia, have me very concerned.
- If the President is allowed to interfere with or terminate Mueller’s investigation, there will be both a Constitutional crisis and a crisis of confidence among the American people.
- Our democracy is at stake in preserving Mueller’s investigation.