The Call – #Impeachment #ObstructionofJustice
In his testimony on Thursday, former FBI Director James Comey condemned Trump’s lies about their interactions and laid out the factual basis for obstruction of justice. Additional evidence of obstruction came from Trump’s own words that he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation, as well as testimony this week by NSA head Mike Rogers and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats in which they refused, with no justification, to answer whether Trump asked them to intervene in the FBI probe. It is apparent that the legal grounds for impeachment now exist. No president can be above the law.
However, as a practical matter, moving from the evidence to actual impeachment will be a long process and must be approached strategically. It will take a sustained calling effort over a long period of time and will be most effective if constituents speak about the issues that resonate most strongly with them. The Loyal Opposition joins Indivisible in calling for this process to start.
Call your House member and urge him/her to support impeachment.
- This is [NAME] and I’m a constituent in [ZIP].
- I have a real problem with the President because [pick an issue that resonates strongly with you – for example, incompetence, can’t trust him with military, clueless on healthcare, sets a terrible example by lying all the time, etc.]
- [IMPORTANT] Talk about the issue you picked from above and how it affects/will affect you personally.
- From Comey’s testimony, it’s clear the President thinks he is above the law.
- I would like [Rep___] to support articles of impeachment.