The Call – #SaveNetNeutrality
Despite overwhelming public sentiment against it, the FCC adopted a rule rolling back net neutrality in December.
Rolling back net neutrality would allow internet service providers to charge more to access popular sites and degrade streaming services until someone pays them more money, while gutting consumer protections for internet users.
Congress can block the FCC’s repeal of net neutrality under the Congressional Review Act (CRA) and Democrats have gotten sufficient support for the CRA to force the Senate to consider and vote on blocking the FCC rule and restoring an open internet.
At least one Republican, Senator Susan Collins, has said she will vote to block the FCC rule. While only a simple majority is needed, it is important to have as many votes as possible in case of a Trump veto.
Call your Senators. Thank them if they are supporting the CRA resolution to block the FCC repeal of net neutrality. If not or if they are undecided, urge them to support the resolution.
- This is [NAME] from [City, State].
- Does [Sen____] support the CRA resolution to block the FCC’s repeal of net neutrality and to restore the open internet?
- If yes, thank your Senator for supporting an open internet.
- If no, tell your Senator you want him/her to support the CRA resolution.
- I strongly support an open internet and oppose the FCC action to roll back net neutrality, which will hurt consumers by increasing costs and degrading service.