The Call – #ProtectOurCare
Following the collapse of the Republican proposals to repeal and replace ACA/Obamacare, President Trump has made repeated threats to sabotage the exchanges. Trump is threatening to withhold Obamacare cost sharing subsidies that help lower income consumers meet deductibles and co-pays. Without certainty that these cost sharing reduction payments will be made, insurers will be forced to pull out of markets or seek massive premium increases.
While pending court action, supported by Democratic state Attorney Generals, would require the payments to be made, decisions may not be made in time for insurers to make plans for 2018.
Several bipartisan proposals have been made in the House and in the Senate to ensure the cost reduction payments are made and the exchanges are stabilized.
The president’s spiteful threats to sabotage the ACA exchanges would, if carried out, cause enormous harm to the American people in the form of huge premium increases, inability to obtain insurance and inability to afford needed medical treatment. Congress must act to ensure the Trump administration stabilizes the exchanges rather than withholding funds to sabotage them.
Call your three members of Congress and tell them to support urgent bipartisan action to stabilize the ACA exchanges and stop the administration from sabotaging them.
- This is [NAME] and I’m a constituent in [ZIP].
- [IMPORTANT] Describe how the sabotage of the ACA exchanges would personally impact you, your friends or family.
- The President has threatened to sabotage the ACA exchanges by withholding cost sharing reduction payments and taking other destabilizing actions.
- Congress has an obligation to protect the American people until a comprehensive bipartisan healthcare plan can be formulated.
- I urge [Sen/Rep_____] to support prompt bipartisan action to stabilize the ACA exchanges.