The Call – #FireBannon #FireBannonMillerGorka #Charlottesville
With the Charlottesville #UnitetheRight rally, the White Power movement was showing its strength. In Charlottesville, David Duke said the white supremacy groups voted for Trump “to take our country back” and that the #Unitetheright fiasco “fulfills the promises of Donald Trump.”
White Supremacists celebrated Trump’s tepid comments about the rally as an endorsement. Many political leaders, including senior Republicans, condemned white supremacy, called the fatal car attack domestic terrorism and stood up to Trump’s comments.
White supremacists see Steve Bannon as an advocate for their cause in the White House. White House aide Stephen Miller also has deep roots in white nationalism. A third White House aide, Seb Gorka, is also an icon of white nationalists and has troubling connections to a Nazi-linked group.
White Supremacy must be firmly rejected as a vile concept. A divided America cannot heal while Bannon, Miller and Gorka continue to work in the White House.
Call your MoC’s and urge them to demand that white nationalists Steve Bannon, Steve Miller and Seb Gorka be fired from the White House staff.
- This is [NAME] and I’m a constituent in [ZIP].
- I am horrified by the rise of white supremacy in America.
- White supremacists say they believe Trump is supportive of their views and see Steve Bannon, Steve Miller and Seb Gorka as their advocates in the White House.
- It is intolerable to have these men remain as White House advisers. A divided country can never heal until they are removed.
- I urge [Sen/Rep____] to demand that Bannon, Miller and Gorka be dismissed from the White House.