The Call – #ProtectMueller #TrumpRussia
As Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation nears Trump and his inner circle, the president, his allies and right wing media have launched a coordinated attack seeking to derail the investigation.
The Trump team’s discovery this week that Mueller has long had the transition team’s emails was met with a flurry of spurious legal claims.
Fox News and the right wing press have mounted a furious campaign to impugn Mueller, Deputy AG Rosenstein and former FBI head Comey, and to try to discredit the investigation.
Many Republicans in Congress and their allies have joined in the attacks on the integrity of the FBI and Mueller’s investigation.
Rosenstein, a Republican appointed by Trump, defended Mueller’s investigation against withering attacks by Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee.
Few believe Trump’s claim on Sunday that he doesn’t plan to fire Mueller, and the Washington Post article on that claim also reports Trump is ranting about Rosenstein, whom he now calls a Democrat.
Firing Rosenstein and replacing him with a Trump loyalist could also seriously hobble the Mueller investigation.
Bipartisan bills have been introduced in the House and Senate to protect the Mueller investigation.
It seems inevitable that Trump will move against Mueller and his investigation and we need to make sure Congress feels intense pressure to protect the investigation.
We also need to be ready to take action quickly if Mueller is fired or his investigation is imperiled. Many Resistance groups have coordinated plans for a rapid response when this occurs. Please find the action planned nearest to you and sign up to receive alerts.
Call your three members of Congress and urge them to support the bipartisan legislation protecting the Mueller investigation.
Also, locate the “rapid response” protest planned near you and sign up to receive alerts.
- This is [NAME] and I’m a constituent in [ZIP].
- I’m worried that President Trump will interfere with Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation by firing Mueller or Rosenstein.
- I want [Sen./Rep____] to act immediately on bipartisan legislation to protect Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation.
- I’m concerned by the dishonest attacks on Mueller’s investigation by Trump and some of his supporters in the media and Congress.
- If the President is allowed to interfere with or terminate Mueller’s investigation, there will be both a Constitutional crisis and a crisis of confidence among the American people.
- Our democracy is at stake in preserving Mueller’s investigation.